For Your EARS Only (FYEO) Sale
**PLEASE NOTE** Out of an abundance of caution we have decided not to take in any donations this summer.
But what does that mean for the annual benefit sale?! Have no fear, we have LOTS of audio equipment, instruments and even some records that didn't even make into the sale last year. We are planning a series of Facebook Live sales to shop these items to you....in the comfort of your own home!
But WAIT! What about the actual sale in the fall? Well, at this time, the format of the sale that we normally have had for the past 18 years will not be feasible in today's COVID times (no way to social distance when there are hundreds of people, shopping shoulder to shoulder in Building #21 of the Douglas County Fairgrounds). What we DO know right now is that we can host lots of virtual sales that keep people safe, get customers the fun stereo upgrade they have been wanting, and raise crucial funds for Audio-Reader!
Audio-Reader's first Facebook Live Sale will be Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 6:00pm
Click here go to Audio-Reader's Facebook Live page to watch
Tune in to Audio-Reader's Facebook page on Thursday, July 16 at 6:00pm. Customers tuning in will watch as the hosts showcase 20 different pieces of numbered audio equipment, each priced below market value. The first sale will feature only audio equipment and will include unique pieces such as stereo receivers, turntables, speakers, reel-to-reel tape decks and more. Simply comment "Sold" along with the equipment number to secure the item. Audio-Reader will send a link via Facebook Messenger to pay directly online for the item. Customers will also sign up for a time to pick up their equipment at Audio-Reader on either Friday or Saturday, July 17 &18. Audio-Reader is currently only doing local pick-up and is unable to ship or deliver at this time.
We plan to have these Facebook Live sales at least once a month with the potential for twice a month. We will continue to keep our website updated with future dates so you can make plans to join us for more events! We will feature different things at future sales such as specific audio equipment, vinyl records, CD packages by genre, DVDs, musical instruments and more! These are going to be fun virtual events you won't want to miss....and it all benefits Audio-Reader! Be sure to check back here for more information. For more information email us here. Thank you for your support!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) About the Facebook Live Sales:
- Will sale items be browseable? All the items we will be featuring during the sale (and any future sales) will be listed on our storefront here but they will not be active until 6pm on Thursday, July 16. These items will be available to look at but the only way to purchase them during the Facebook Live sale is to comment during our sale "Sold" along with the assigned item number when the hosts are featuring that particilar piece. Audio-Reader will then send a direct message with a link to that item in the store along with a unique authorization code for you to complete your purchase. We are a small staff and are working hard to get everything ready for this new event. We hope to be able to feature a couple of items ahead of the sale on our Facebook event page so you can see some of the items that will be sold during our sale.
- Will any of the items that don't sell during the Facebook Live Sale be available to purchase later? YES! After the sale, any of the pieces of equipment that did not sell during the Facebook Live sale will now be active to purchase for anyone interested and will NOT need a unique authorization code to complete transaction. They will remain on our website until they are purchased.
- Will you be doing more of these sales? YES! Our goal is to host these Facebook Live sales at least once a month, if not twice a month. Once we get our feet under us after this first sale, we will be ready to start setting the dates for the next ones! Please check back here for information about future events or be sure to check our Facebook page.
- Will you be selling anything other than equipment? For our first sale on July 16, we will ONLY be selling audio equipment. However, we have plans for future sales to include vinyl records, musical instruments, CDs, DVDs and more. Check back here or on our Facebook page for future sale dates and what items will be sold.
- Are you selling items you've received this year? We had so much inventory that couldn't even make it into the sale last year! We will be selling the excess inventory received over the last year since we are unable to take in donations this year.
- Are you taking in donations this year? We have decided not to take in donations this year. We hope to start taking donations at a later date and will communicate once we know but it won't be any time this summer.
- I have more questions, who do I talk to? We are happy to answer further questions! Please email us here.